Monday, November 10, 2008

Rock Ranch

Jeff, Kelly, Michaela and I joined Kelly's Cub Scout pack at Rock Ranch the weekend of November 7th-9th. (Madie had to march in a game Friday night so she spent the weekend with Grandma and Papa...we missed having her with us.) We arrived after dark on Friday night and it was raining so we slept inside one of the Conestoga wagons. That was an adventure!

On Saturday we went over to the main part of the ranch for the "Family Fun Days". They had lots of things for the kids to do...corn box (yes, a box filled with dried corn...similar to a sand box...they thought it was cool!), bouncies, animal petting area, John Deere trikes (Jeff rode too!), corn cannon, family dodge ball, fishing, corn maze...it was a very full day!






That night we all snuggled into our tent...and froze! When we got up the grass was frozen. It got down into the 20's. Brrr! I woke up to chomp, chomp, chomp. I unzipped my tent door to peer outside and there were the cows eating their breakfast. Too cool. Of course I had to take some pictures of the cows.




It was a great weekend and the fall leaves were BEAUTIFUL!

No comments: