Today Jeff and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary! Jeff had planned a wonderful evening for us.We dropped the kids off at Grandma and Papa's house and drove to Anthony's where we had 5pm reservations. There was a note on the door so Jeff got out to see what it said. Unfortunately the restaurant was closed because the owner and chef was in the hospital. He had a heart attack the night before. Plan B was quickly put in place...Chez Pierre. We had one of the dining rooms all to ourselves, a very polite waiter and funny artwork on the walls to make fun of. Jeff and I had both chosen the same thing to eat:
KOBE HACHÉ ET POMMES FRITES / Snake River Farms Kobe beef chopped sirloin steak with black truffle butter and house fries - $23
KOBE HACHÉ ET POMMES FRITES / Snake River Farms Kobe beef chopped sirloin steak with black truffle butter and house fries - $23
Although it was very good, Jeff and I laughed that we paid $23 for a hamburger and fries! We then went to see "Becoming Jane". Yes, my wonderful husband took me to a chick flick and I highly recommend the movie. Before we took our seats Jeff asked me if I wanted something to drink...yes, a water please. I was shocked when the guy at the register said "that will be $7.50". $7.50 for 2 waters, HOLY COW! After the movie we got into the car and started home...or so I thought. My husband surprised me further with a romantic hotel evening, whirlpool tub included....the rest is left to your imagination. The one thing I will share is...watch how much bubble bath you put in a whirlpool tub...they over took me!
No comments:
Post a Comment