Friday, August 3, 2007

Happy 91st Birthday Grandma Nana!

Madeline Virginia Donovan Harriman was born 91 years ago today in Kansas City, Missouri. She married George Wendell Harriman on July 30th, 1965, worked for AT&T for 27 years, and raised three sons; George Patrick (Pat), John Francis (Johnny), and James Michael (Mike). She has 7 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren. Growing up we always called her Grandma Nana.

Some of my favorite Grandma Nana memories:
*”Ye gads!”
*”Yellow” instead of Hello.
*”So what do you know?” to which we would always awnser something like 2+2=4.
*Vacations with Grandma Nana every summer. Every other year we would travel to Kansas to stay with her and visit our Aunts, Uncles, cousins and other family members in Kansas. The other years she would fly to Pennsylvania and we would travel somewhere in our camper…Canada, Washington DC, Maine, etc
*The summer I spent with Grandma Nana in Kansas when I was 12.
*Snoring…I always slept with Grandma Nana when we were on vacation and I always made sure I went to bed before her.
*BBQ Brisket…YUM!

I am sure that after I post this that I will remember many more wonderful memories about Grandma Nana. I would love to know some of your favorite memories and hope you enjoy the slide show.

No comments: