Kelly's Machine Pitch team, the Indians, played an awesome tournament. Jeff and I both missed the first game (the perils of having 3 kids...Michaela had a game in Fort Braden and Madie had a parent/student band meeting...Grandma and Papa took him to his game.) but he said he got some really good hits and caught the whole game...THEY WON! Next night-2nd game...Kelly was on fire! He had a base hit, a triple, a home run (okay...a single with multiple errors) to tie the game in the bottom of the 6th to put them in a tie-breaker. They settled the tie with a Texas tie-breaker (each team starts with one out and a runner on 2nd). The Brewers brought in 4 runs before Kelly tagged the last out from home (it was a beautiful play!) in the top of the seventh. When his team got back up he was 6th batter and then hit a screaming walk off home run with two outs on him to win the game!!! I don't think I've ever screamed so much and the look on his face as he crossed home was priceless. Next night-3rd game...we were all there to cheer him on. It was another exciting game and the kids played their hearts out and won! Just as they were shaking hands with the other team it started to pour. We had to have the trophy celebration under the parks new pavilion. I am so proud of all of the kids.
WAY TO GO INDIANS!!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment